Since the 2014-2015 school year, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) has contracted with Measurement Incorporated to bring PEG Writing to thousands of students in grades 6-12. Through our contract with the TEA, PEG Writing is available to a select group of schools at no cost. In addition, the program is available at a reduced rate to all Texas schools, grades 3 through 12.
PEG Writing is the award-winning formative assessment and instructional writing support platform designed to help students achieve greater proficiency in writing across the curriculum. For a brief video introduction to PEG Writing, click here.
Through the program, selected Texas schools are able to use PEG Writing at no cost to:
- Supply students with more practice, feedback, and tools to improve their writing skills
- Increase writing evaluation efficiency and allow teachers more time to focus on strategies to enhance and differentiate instruction based on student needs
- Help administrators monitor writing performance and improve writing instruction throughout the school
How Can You Participate?
The PEG Writing Texas program, open to Texas middle schools and high schools (grades 6-12), is currently full. However, all Texas teachers are eligible to receive PEG Writing for their students (grades 3-12) at a discounted rate. Schools wishing to take advantage of this special rate should:
- Complete an application form (available here).
- Secure commitments from participating teachers, school, and district-level administrators.
- Provide adequate computer resources to ensure access and availability for participating students and teachers.
- Provide support and assistance with the registration process for students and teachers.
Enrollment in the program is limited. To ensure priority consideration, sign up today!